Instagram

Monday 20 May 2013

Bellinis on the balcony


Yesterday ended up being one of those days where everything is fun, but nothing was planned. 
The day started off SO well. (I'm sure you've all guessed that food was involved.)I went downstairs to have breakfast with my French family, and oh my, did we have breakfast. I peered into the kitchen and saw a huge spread of croissants, baguettes, jams and coffee laid out on the table.
Heaven.
To accompany my croissant, I had pear and orange jam and a political discussion. I preferred the jam.

Felt weird taking a pic..
so I googled it.

After brekkie, I met Alice and we went down to Marché des Capucins. We have been before, but it was so much better this time as there were people everywhere. Proper hustle and bustle of a good French market. 
It's not just a market though as they have loads of cute little tapas bars and cafes dotted around - fresh as fresh can be!

 


After a good mooch round, we had a quick coffee in Place de la Victoire. The weather wasn't great, but we sat outside anyway because we're British and that's what Brits do. We then went to the Cathedral to have a spot of packed lunch. 

At this point we became a bit lost for ideas as to what we should do next. As it was Sunday, nothing was open, so after a brief stop to buy a cannelé for Madame's son's birthday, we decided to go for a run.

Proof.  

However, just before this lovely run, Hannah announced that she was back from her beach hut...so we planned an al fresco dinner!
On the way back from the run we investigated the epicerie nearby which happened to be open and came to the conclusion that 3.40€  sangria and champagne was the way to go. It was.

Sangria on the terrace 


We all chipped in with various ingredients and Han created the most divine stuffed peppers, while Alice made the best pesto dressing in the WORLD. 

Oooh scrumptious!

Hostess with the mostess 


Peach bellinis


You might be thinking that this was just a simple evening with three gals and a few peppers. But it was SO much more than that. It is impossible not to laugh every two seconds with these two around. I don't care how cheesy you think I am - I LOVE THEM. 

 Bordeaux babes


We spent the rest of the evening chatting and drinking - coffee! A top top evening. So brill that I won't mention that Alice and I got lost trying to find the bus stop and ended up walking 2.5 miles home. No, won't mention that bit.

X






No comments:

Post a Comment