Instagram

Monday 20 May 2013

HAPPY 20th HARFY!

One of my oldest friends is officially twenty today. Twenty. 
We have been friends for twelve whole years, which makes me feel so grown up. 



Twelve whole years!


I decided to create a little post to say:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HARFY!

There are probably a million stories I could say about me and Harf fighting crime together since the age of 8. 
One that springs to mind straightaway is probs mine and Grace's decision to camp in the loos one night, aged 9. Harfitt, being the good future dep dep that she is, told us to stop it. (By standing on a loo herself and peering over.) Clever.
This of course resulted in Mr Jones bollocking all three of us with Harfitt saying, 'Sir, I was just going to the loo..'
His reply: 'Well you've got a JOLLY good aim.'
haha.
While Grace remained cool as a cucumber, Harf and I managed to wet ourselves in fear. His shouting felt like bullets!

we made it through though

Harf managed to be a hindrance as well as strength to my life. See, she would always always invite me round to her house for exeats etc (so often that I still know her phone number and address off by heart. I'm not a creep - I've known her for twelve years, don't you know?)
Anyway - as a result of this, her babe of a mum would buy me so many treats that supermodel Harfitt could resist, but sadly, I could not. I am convinced that this is the reason I was unable to stride down the lacrosse pitch alongside her like a pro. 
However, although Harfitt may have limited my sporting career in winter, she had my back in the summer time for the Girls' doubles tennis comp. Even though she should have chosen anyone else in the world in order to have a solid chance at winning, she agreed to go with me. 
After some supportive 'nearly Jess!' and 'just run a bit faster next time,' we both agreed that I should stay at the base line so that she could tactically smash all the volley's to win the competition. 
The plan worked. 


One of my discoveries chez Harfitt:





Beach babes


Tanny!

Ballin'



Although this doesn't seem like twelve years of lovin, it would be impossible to tell it all. However, twelve years of Harf has been beyond hilarious and I'm sure there are many many many more to come. 
Happy Birthday Harfy!!
Hope you have a cracking day..you deserve it!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment