Instagram

Tuesday 7 May 2013

Bordeaux Beauties

As this is my first ever post (ever), I figured I should share a little something about what makes me happy. Like really happy. I think most people that know me would assume that food is involved. And they would be right. So, to start me off, I'm going to share some of the lovely treats that I've had whilst being in Bordeaux. 

I was greeted by the lovely Madame and welcomed straightaway with a top lunch in the sunny garden with the whole family. Could life be any more idyllic? 

First meal in Bordeaux

I decided to go exploring and take the obligatory selfies to make all my buds a bit jealous. Naturally. 



Loving life 

Once the novelty of being here had worn off (marginally), I decided to be more chic and only do what the trendy Bordelais people do. In my head, I am copying the Bordelais, but really I get all my chic/trendy tips from my pal Hannah. She has all the advice I need to become truly French and chic. For example, she doesn't just order the obvious cappuccino. No, she orders the much classier Cafe Noisette.  

Now I do too.
(How good does the cake look? I resisted. *pat on the back for me*)

Even though coffee is an essential aspect to becoming truly French, a girl's gotta eat. Whilst I may have resisted the cutest cake in the world, my will-power wavered slightly when the menu of a certain gelateria was placed in front of me. When I say 'placed', I mean that I voluntarily walked up to the counter and had a good browse. Instantly I was a gonner. My eyes widened, my smile doubled in size and I think, a bit of dribble may have escaped. But it was all for a good reason. Rhubarb sorbet. 

La vie en rhubarbe

This wonderfully scrumptious scoop of delight filled me with joy for the rest of the day. You're probably all thinking, like my mother, that all I do is eat and live a leisurely life. This has been true, up until this point. Because this rhubarb sorbet enabled me to learn a bit of the lovely French language. Ya see, sadly, I hate ice cream cones. I know. So I always have a tub...dilemma struck. How do I order a tub and remain chic and French? Fortunately, I used my best French to ask how one would ask for a tub in French...and now I know. Un pot. 
Thank goodness.

My final thing that must be shared was, also, something of a masterpiece. You know when you've found the one? (not that one...) The one drink that you will always order from the same place. Yeah, that one. Well I am lucky enough to have found mine...

Beauty in a glass. 

This is called a citronnade du moment. I think I love it just as much for it's name as it's taste. 
It's summery, cheeky and bloody delicious. A perfect way to end my afternoon and, I hope, my first ever blog post! 

X

No comments:

Post a Comment